November 11, 2018
- For the purpose of compliance with the relevant data protection legislation, the party controlling your personal data is BPI FINANCE SIA (hereinafter – “BPI FINANCE”, “us” or “we “). This policy sets forth the rules of how any personal data is being collected and processed. Please read the following carefully to understand a. the type and volume of information we collect from you; b. how we use this information, and c. when we share it with third parties. By visiting our website (“Website”) at www.bpi.finance you are accepting and consenting to this policy.
- BPI FINANCE processes the collected personal data in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Processing of the Republic of Latvia, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. The employees, agents, and other parties who have access to your personal data are committed to ensuring its safety even upon termination of the contractual relationship.
- It is possible that BPI FINANCE may engage data processors and third-parties, who will perform certain functions on behalf of BPI FINANCE. BPI FINANCE bears the responsibility to ensure that the latter treat sensitive data in compliance with the active legislation and given instructions. BPI FINANCE can also request certain security measures and monitor their implementation. Under those circumstances BPI FINANCE guarantees the imposition of the non-disclosure obligation, which will prevent parties from using information beyond the scale necessary to perform the given functions.
- Providing personal data is necessary in order to continue using the services provided by BPI FINANCE.
Purposes, Recipients, and Information we may collect about you
- The core reason for data collection is the provision of BPI FINANCE services to individuals. As a corporate service provider, and a corporate advisor, BPI FINANCE is required by law to verify your identity before it begins to cooperate with you and provide any kind of services. BPI FINANCE has the right to request, receive and store any information throughout the record keeping period in accordance with the relevant legislation. Therefore, the Client is obliged to provide valid and complete information.
- PURPOSE: identification of Client’s identity, provision of services.
- 8.1. The type of identification data BPI FINANCE may collect from you.
- 8.1.1. identification data: full name, date of birth etc.;
- 8.1.2. contact information: address; phone number; email;
- 8.1.3. professional details;
- 8.1.4. other information advised by yourself or accessible on Internet.
- 8.2. The processing of the following data is a priority in accordance with above listed provisions: name, surname, personal identification number, address, date of birth, identity document information, photo, direct video transmission recording, citizenship, email address, phone number, payment account number, IP address, current activity, current public function, and any other data required by the Law on Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing.
- 8.3. Parties that might be among the recipients of Client-related data: supervisory authorities, credit, financial, payment and/or electronic money institutions, pre-trial investigation institutions, the State Tax Inspectorate, , lawyers, auditors, other related third-parties, other entities under an agreement with BPI FINANCE strictly upon reception of a separate consent from you.
- Informing the client about services. Client’s data is processed in order to inform him/her about the services provided by BPI FINANCE, as well as prices, offers, products etc.
- 9.1. This provision implies processing of the following Client’s data: email address, phone number.
- 9.2. The Client hereby acknowledges and agrees that he/she is aware that such messages shall be received by him from time to time from BPI FINANCE.
- Direct marketing. In this case, Client’s data is processed in order to inform the Client concerning the offers related to services provided by BPI FINANCE.
- 10.1. This provision implies processing of the following Client’s data: email address, phone number.
- 10.2. The Client hereby acknowledges and confirms that he/she is aware of the fact that the data listed above may be processed for the purpose of direct marketing. The Client maintains the right to disagree and to object this clause at any time by informing BPI FINANCE via email to email@example.com. The email must provide valid information necessary to identify the data subject.
- 10.3. Data recipients: The procedure of data processing may involve search or social networking systems (objections to data processing may be filed within the framework that the websites of these systems provide). No other persons shall receive access to data described in this provision.
- No third-party shall be granted access to the Client-related data marked as “personal” without prior Client’s consent. Situations when it is required to do so by applicable law or for the purpose of services provision shall be viewed as exception.
- BPI FINANCE may use automated means of personal data processing, following the provisions of risk management-related legislation, with the goal of fraud prevention; such profiling is justified by legitimate interests and legal duties of BPI FINANCE.
- Following the aims of direct marketing and statistical analysis, BPI FINANCE may perform profiling through the use of Google, Facebook and other analytics tools.
- Cookies are used in order to distinguish you from other users of BPI FINANCE Website. This helps to ensure your pleasant experience when navigating BPI FINANCE Website and allows improving its organisation. In technical terms, cookies are small files containing a string of characters that are sent to a person’s computer upon visiting the website. Cookies allow the Website to recognize a person’s browser upon the next visit to the Website and may detect user preferences and other information.
- Like most website managers, BPI FINANCE monitors traffic of the website and automatically collects information on the number of visitors browsing the website, the domain name of Internet service providers of visitors, etc. Such cookies are required for technical reasons in order to ensure the sound and efficient Website operation (administer the Website, maintain security, measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising etc.), as well as track and target the interests of users and Clients in order to improve their experience.
Restriction of data processing
- You have the following rights:
- 18.1. THE RIGHT OF ACCESS TO DATA: to be informed as to whether or not BPI FINANCE is processing your personal data, and access to the related information.
- 18.2. THE RIGHT TO RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING: you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 18.3. If, for whatever reasons, you believe that the processing of your personal data is taking place under conditions of violation of your rights and legitimate interests protected by applicable legislation, you may address the supervisory authority.
- 18.4. You are free to contact BPI FINANCE in case you are willing to learn details or voice an objection to data processing via email at email@example.com. The individual communicating must provide information that will enable the identification of his/her identity, along with a copy of a personal identification document or an electronic signature.
- It is a priority of BPI FINANCE to provide highest-level security to our Clients concerning all the information and sensitive data we receive access to. Relevant legal, administrative, technical and physical security measures are undertaken in order to protect this information from unauthorized access, use, copying, accidental or unlawful erasure, alternation, or disclosure, as well as from any other unauthorized form of processing.
Law and jurisdiction
- For the purpose of the relevant data protection legislation, the data controller is BPI FINANCE SIA of Sējas nov., Murjāņi, Makšķernieku iela 6, LV-2142, Latvia.